Sunday 11 August 2013

A Blank Canvas

For several years now, I have followed blogs and many educators. This has been a very valuable learning tool for me professionally. A place to learn new ideas, a place that causes me to reflect and a place that challenges me to go further.

Part of this challenge has been to move from being purely a consumer, to one of contributor. As usual the self doubt tells you that you have nothing worth sharing. However, I believe as an educator, if I'm not prepared to take a risk and put myself 'out there', then how can I expect others to!

I have recently signed up to be part of the #SAVMP (School Administrators Virtual Mentor Programme). A condition of being on this programme was to have a blog and to be sharing with others. This was the push that I needed to finally start something that I knew I should be doing.

So it has begun. This is the blank canvas from which I will share. I have called this blog 'Life is...' after one of my favourite quotes from Mother Teresa. I hope this quote challenges you just as it does me.

No comments:

Post a Comment